CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Motherhood as I knew it is over ...





Today marks the end of Rylee's bouncer. It is officially dead. I can't believe it. I am so upset. I have loved this bouncer like it was part of the family. I treated it like an extension of Rylee. If Rylee went to Grandma's, the bouncer went to Grandma's. If Rylee went to Vegas, the bouncer went to Vegas. I even put some considerable thought into taking it to Hawaii with us. She had so much fun eating, sleeping & playing in the bouncer. But those days are over now. I knew this day would eventually come, but I am upset that it is already here. Sure she had pretty much outgrown the bouncer. But she is not yet at the 25 lbs limit (at least I do not think she is). But I guess if you had ever seen Rylee do the "belly bop" in the bouncer you would probably understand why it broke. That reminds me that I never got the "belly bop" on video and now I never will. I really need to be better about using the video camera.

3 comments:

Alisa said...

You need to send a picture of that thing to the maker. Rylee is sure a big girl, but come on...to break like that with a baby inside? What a piece of crap. And sorry about the life drama!!! Hopefully you'll find another item to make motherhood easier! (For me, the easiest thing to keep my motherhood going is my computer...pictures, blogs, journals, schedules, etc.)

Terri said...

Oh no! I am glad you were able to deck your blog out. I'm so proud of you. : )

Amy said...

I laughed so hard when I read about the traumatic ending of the coveted baby bouncer... I put wedding pictures up today, I hope you enjoy them! We can't wait to see all of you in June!