I posted the title of my blog last night but had to go to bed and did not get the pictures uploaded or explanation written. So here is the explanation to answer Alisa's question in the comments.
I have always had a love of flying. When we had career day in high school I was really excited that Embry-Riddle was there because I was really interested in being a pilot. On a trip to visit my Aunt & Uncle in Seattle we toured the Boeing plant and I loved it. So during my senior year of high school, to express my love of flying, I decorated my locker with the phrase "I want to be a piolet." Obviously I can't brag about winning any spelling bees. My friends loved teasing me about the fact that I wanted to be a p-i-o-let.
I guess I must have told Forrest of my dream to be a pilot. Tuesday morning I got up thinking that we were going to breakfast with his mom. He was rushing me out the door which I thought was strange since his mom is not usually on a tight schedule. As we were driving to her hotel he made a U-turn and told me he was taking a detour. He drove right into the parking lot of a flight instruction place at Stellar Airpark. He then told me he had made an appointment for me to have a one-hour flight instruction. I was totally surprised. It was so fun. My instructor let me pull back on take off. I did the flying in the air. Even some nice sharp turns. My instructor said I was a natural of course. He also let me steer the plane down the runway after we landed (you steer with your feet and I was not so good at that).
My husband is always full of surprises and treats me so well. I love him so much.
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
I want to be a piolet...
Posted by Melanie at 9:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What the heck is a piolet?
That is awesome!! So you should look into this pilot thing...
Post a Comment