CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Did you take Benadryl?

Forrest woke me up this morning with breakfast in bed at 9AM. (It is our Anniversary) Apparently I was a little out of it, because he asked me, "Did you take Benadryl?" I told him no I had not taken Benadryl and that I was just that exhausted. Oh that makes me laugh because it just summarizes the wonderful week we have had. I am so grateful that I have a wonderful husband to help me otherwise I do not think I would have made it through the week.

Monday afternoon Rylee threw up twice. I thought she just really did not like the veggies I had fed her, but then the diarrhea started in then more vomit, etc. When this was still going on Wednesday (and getting worse) I took her to the pediatrician. He advised that it was a nasty stomach virus that was going around and I could expect 3-4 more days of this. Can I just say that I have never changed so many diapers and cleaned up so much vomit. It has been a LONG week for the Tyson family. It always seems to be worse at night which means our sleep has been greatly disturbed. The Dr. had me switch her to soy formula so that it was easier on her stomach, but boy does that smell, especially when it comes back up. Forrest was sick on Wednesday and I spent most of the week with a queasy feeling in my stomach, but Rylee definitely has the worst reaction the to the virus.

(I would like to thank the makers of Baby Einstein and our friends Mike & Leah who gave us the gift of Baby Einstein Neighborhood Animals. I normally do not like Rylee watching too much TV, but she absolutely loves her Neighborhood Animals DVD and that is what kept her occupied and kept my sanity this entire week. We watched it over and over and over.)

Rylee was in a fabulous mood yesterday and had not thrown up since late Wednesday night (still had diarrhea) so I thought we were getting to the end of the virus. We even took her swimming yesterday. But then WHAM she threw up 3 times last night and is not happy at all today. Will this thing ever go away?


Rylee's 1st encounter with a pen.

Rylee is not a fan of watermelon!


Rylee enjoyed swimming ...

but did not like the cute car pool toy we purchased! (it even honks, so cute)


I know first hand that a straw is not a good toy (my apologies to my niece Amber who forever has a scar from the sonic straw I let her play with when she was about 3), but when a girl is sick and unhappy who can deny her the pleasure of a red straw. There is also no need for a perfect hairdo when sick and staying home from church.

2 comments:

Brimley Family said...

Happy Anniversary guys! Rylee's hair is getting so long and it looks thick! It's cute! I hope you are all feeling better!

Kammi said...

Hahaha that watermelon face is priceless!
Kammi